School Bus Drivers
Southland offers an opportunity that is always exciting, challenging and allows for routine. We offer free personalized training, competitive wages, possibility for benefits, flexibility within your personal life and a chance to grow and develop within the organization.
• Work minimum of 4-6 hours with the opportunity for more
• Become part or a member of our community activities and volunteer days
• Enjoy continual support with our outstanding driver mentorship program
• Opportunity to bring your kids to work with you
• Be appreciated and valued through our individual and group recognition programs
• Benefit from our variety of employee discount programs
• Stay active and be involved with our staff events and health-minded clubs
• Enter into our career development plan and further opportunities with Southland
What qualifications do I need to apply?
Southland is committed to safety. All applicants are tested for drugs and alcohol.
You need a regular class 5 licence. We provide free training to upgrade you to a class 2 licence in Alberta and a class 5 with S endorsement in Saskatchewan. You cannot have more than four demerits on your driving record.
- You need to have been driving for five years or longer.
- You should be between the ages of 21 to 71.
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- You need three references: one business, one character and one family (not your spouse or partner).
- You need an Alberta Health Care card, Saskatchewan Health Care Card or Social Insurance Number for security clearance.
- You need to have driven in winter conditions for at least a year.
*Applicants convicted of any criminal charges including impaired driving cannot be employed by Southland Transportation.
What does it cost me to apply?
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in applying for one of our Charters driving positions, click here!
North Battleford 306-937-3750