Important Notice re. Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Ontario School Closure Announcement:
- ONTARIO: On March 12, 2020, the Ontario Government announced that all publicly funded schools will be closed as of March 14, 2020. As a result, all K-12 school busing is cancelled until school resumes.
- ALBERTA: On March 15, 2020, the Alberta Government announced the closure of all Pre-K programs and K-12 schools, for an unspecified duration, in an effort to alleviate the spread of COVID-19. As a result, all Pre-K and K-12 school busing is cancelled until the Alberta Government re-opens Pre-K programs and K-12 schools.
- SASKATCHEWAN: On March 20, 2020, the Saskatchewan Government announced the closure of all K-12 schools, for an unspecified duration, in an effort to alleviate the spread of COVID-19. As a result, all K-12 school busing is cancelled until the Saskatchewan Government re-opens schools.
Thank you for your understanding.
SOUTHLAND Transportation’s response to COVID-19:
The purpose of this announcement is to provide you with information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and what SOUTHLAND Transportation Ltd. is doing in response.
The health and safety of our passengers, customers, and employees remains our top priority.
As a part of our daily routine cleaning, all vehicles and offices are cleaned at regular intervals. Recently, we have enhanced our sanitation efforts by increasing the frequency, method, and materials used to complete this work.
- Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas in the workplace (including buses) to be completed twice daily
- Including, but not limited to, handrails, doorknobs, chairs, armrests, keyboards, and head rests
- Sanitizing bus interiors with approved disinfectant
- Checking and/or replenishing hand sanitizer stations in offices
- Provision of extra hand sanitizer refills on site
- Increased supply of disinfectant wipes and/or disinfectant spray
- Enhanced cleaning process with external cleaning staff, where applicable
SOUTHLAND Transportation is committed to customer service and remaining the service provider of choice. As such, we are proactively executing several internal initiatives to ensure we are prepared for the possibility of widespread illness. These initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Execution of a robust communications plan
- Travel and health related protocols
- Operational contingency planning and testing
SOUTHLAND remains committed to our Safely Home promise and hope that the actions we are taking give you confidence in our dedication to the health and safety of our passengers, customers, and employees.